Decorating your Rental Property for Christmas
Often times when we live in a rental property we struggle with what we can and cannot do to the property in keeping in line with the lease and your resident boundaries.
Here are some ideas on decorating your rental property for Christmas and still play it safe:
- Use removable adhesive hooks to hang Christmas lights around the windows, doorways, and other areas of your rental property.
- Decorate the Christmas tree with colorful ornaments, tinsel, and a tree topper. Make the most of your tree!
- Add festive touches to the living room by placing holiday-themed throw pillows and blankets on the sofa. You can even decorate your mantel if you have one.
- Hang a wreath on the front door and add some poinsettias or other seasonal flowers to the porch or balcony.
- Place a few decorative Christmas candles around the rental property to add warmth and ambiance. Be careful when burning candles that the wax does not drip on the flooring and/ or catch something on fire.
- Use a tablecloth, placemats, and napkins in holiday colors and patterns for your dining table.
- Consider adding some outdoor decorations, such as lighted reindeer, a Santa Claus figure, or a holiday-themed inflatable. If you are in an apartment, decorate the porch.
Remember to check with your landlord or property manager before making any significant modifications to the property. There are things you should not do until you check the lease, or call your property manager or landlord such as putting excessive holes in the wall. We know that it is not always easy being a tenant and at times there are limitations to what you can do in your rental property however decorating your rental property for Christmas should be easy and stress free.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.