Thinking about moving to the Oklahoma City area? Why not choose Norman, Oklahoma. Norman, Oklahoma is a precious little college town – home to Oklahoma University (OU). Norman was recently recognized as one of the most progressive cities in the state and the Norman Public School system was acknowledged as the top school system in Oklahoma.
- Norman has a population of 111,753, with a population density of 625 people per square mile.
- 178.763 square miles of Norman is land, and 10.654 square miles is water.
- The median age of a Norman resident is 29.9 years old. The population is 49.74% female, and 50.26% male.
- The air quality index is 88.3, and the water quality index is 47.
- Norman has an unemployment rate of 2.90%, with annual job growth of 1.36%. Over the next 10 years, job growth is expected to be 39.80%.
- Median household income is $48,248.
- The median home age in Norman is 32 years, and the median home price is $130,900.
- 11.83% of all housing in Norman stands vacant.
- Norman has 237 sunny days per year, and 78 days a year with precipitation.
- Norman ranks 85 on the cost of living index, compared to 86 for the State of Oklahoma, on a national scale of 100.
- Norman has annually on average 152 violent crimes per 100,000 residents and 2,676 property crimes per 100,000 residents.
- Norman has 213 police officers, or 1.9 officers per 1,000 residents.
- Norman has 27 public schools and 10 private schools. The student/teacher ratio is 17:1.