You don’t want to go overboard on all those accessories that represent your personality, keep it simple and clean. Here are 5 tips for home staging to make your home reflect you but also ensuring that it will rent and or sell in a timely manner.
- Bookshelves – Don’t just store books in your shelves like they are at a library, all standing up. Stack some of your books, grouping them by color and by size. Add some personal touches like clocks, or travel mementos.
- The big picture – Take a step back and look at the big picture. Does it have the look that you want? Is it balanced in color? Is everything spaced out and not lopsided?
- Art – Love art? Have a lot of artwork to showcase? Hang artwork on the wall, not being afraid to go higher than eye level. If you have a low piece of furniture, you can stand items on it and not have to worry about taping anything to the wall. Don’t be afraid to overlap your art.
- Floor space – Use that empty space underneath side tables and place tall vases or baskets underneath. Fill those empty spaces in your home with things you love.
- Floating shelves – Floating shelves are great for making use of open wall space. You can put books, ornaments, pictures, art, etc. on them. Group similar things together and play with items to reflect simple but “homey”.
Renting a home isn’t always easy and finding the right tenant is even more difficult but keeping your Oklahoma City rental home open and roomy and un-cluttered will help the property management company and the new tenant “visualize” what could be.