May Home Maintenance – What to do to your maintain your home in May
With May, summer is much closer than ever. May home maintenance focuses on getting both inside and outside home environment ready for summer picnics and barbecues. Summer is a time for family and friends so begin now planning out your summer to do list.
Here is a check-list for May home maintenance and cleaning to prepare your home for summer.
Clean patio furniture
- May is the best month to clean the dusty film off your patio table and the umbrella to set it ready for summer outdoor activities. Keep your outdoor patio furniture well maintained and regularly cleaned to make it look good for the summer season ahead. Use spray enzyme cleaner to remove stubborn stains and hose off spills immediately.
Clean garbage disposal
- The kitchen garbage disposal needs to be cleaned to get rid of all the winter junk. Use a mixture of baking powder and white vinegar to thoroughly clean your garbage disposal. Rinse with boiling water until all the leftovers are completely flushed out.
Service air conditioning systems
- The hot months are coming, which means you want your air conditioner working perfectly well. May is the right month to initiate an inspection and servicing of your air conditioning system. Hire HVAC professional services to do a thorough inspection such as changing air filters, cleaning the air conditioner, checking the coolant level, testing safety measures and checking for unit leaks.
Cleans windows and doors glass
- Now that the spring is gone, it is time to clean glass on windows and doors for spring pollen and dust. Wipe and clean the glass using a solution of vinegar in a spray bottle and a fresh microfiber cloth. To avoid glass streaking, perform glass on windows and doors cleaning on a cloudy day.
Repair siding and trim
- The spring rain may leave the siding underneath vulnerable to water damage due to cracks and paint peels. To avoid having to paint the whole house, touch up small bare touches by priming and painting bare spots. Repair the sidings and trim to remove grime and mildew. Use quality exterior caulk to caulk any cracks on the siding.
As summer approaches there is so much to do and so much to plan for. Summertime offers a time of kids playing outside, friends coming over to visit and also time away for vacation. Make sure your ready for all those fun times by getting your list together and a plan for May Home Maintenance.