OKC Property Investors – FACTS
Interesting Facts & Statistics
- Oklahoma City covers a total area of 621.2 square miles, with 607 square miles being covered by land, and 14.4 square miles being covered by water.
- Oklahoma City consists of 62.7% Whites, 15.1% African Americans, 4.0% Asian Americans, and 18.2% other races
- Sonic Drive-In is headquartered in Oklahoma City, and the city is home to 3 Fortune 500 companies that include Devon Energy Corporation, McKesson Corporation, and Chesapeake Energy Corporation.
- Oklahoma City public schools are the largest school district in the State of Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma City has 3 nicknames that include The 405, OKC, and The City.
- Oklahoma City ranks 27th in population out of all U.S. Cities.
Current Events & Attractions in Oklahoma City
- Science Museum Oklahoma
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum
- Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Remington Park Racing Casino
- 99’S Museum of Women Pilots
- American Quarter Horse World Championship Show
- Frontier City Theme Park
- White Water Bay Water Park
- ASA National Softball Hall of Fame and Museum
- Oklahoma City is home to numerous natural trails, pathways, community parks, fishing lakes, and swimming venues for residents to enjoy.
Oklahoma City Community Statistics
- Oklahoma City has a population of 1,189,529, with 460,994 households
- 53.6% of residents in Oklahoma City are childless, whereas 46.4% have children that are 18 and under
- There are 34% renters in Oklahoma City, compared to 66% of those who own their homes.
- Rental vacancy rates in Oklahoma City are 10%.
- The median age is 34.7 years old
- Median household income is $46,587 in Oklahoma City, compared to $52,175 for all adult U.S. Residents
- Per capita income is $25,372 locally, compared to $27,466 for all adult U.S. Residents
- The median home value in Oklahoma City is $118,000
- 7.6 of all housing in Oklahoma City is valued at $300,000 or more
- 87% of Oklahoma City residents have a high school diploma, and 27% of residents have a 4 year college degree.
Oklahoma City Rental Statistics
- In 2014, the average monthly rent amount in Oklahoma City was $745 per month for a single family home, and $625 for a 1 bedroom apartment.
- 19% of Oklahoma City residents pay 30% or more of their annual household income in rent.
- As of 2013, 34% of Oklahoma City residents were renters, compared to 36.98% of renters in the U.S.
- Owner average household size is 2.6 people, compared to 2.35 for renters
- The rent to price ratio in Oklahoma City is 0.6%.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.