As a homeowner, you’re more concerned with protecting your investment from pest damage and maintaining its value. Hence, you need to ensure that your home is free of pests by implementing the best pest control measures. Real Property Management has compiled a list of pest control tips for your home.
The worst nightmares for homeowners are wood-destroying pests such as termites and rodents. Pests can be controlled by either seeking the services of a pest control company or by handling them yourself. Whichever method you choose, these pest control tips will help you get the best results you need.
Have a strategy
- You need to have a plan from the start. Identify the pests involved as well as the area you need to treat. When you size up and the situation and formulate a comprehensive plan of attack before you buy anything, you give yourself time to figure out what you need and the best approach to use.
Use multiple pest-killer products
- Many homeowners deal with more than one type of pest at any given time. Trying using a product that provides protection against a whole range of pests because you home is vulnerable to more than just one single type of pest.
Apply concentrated formula
- To increase your chances of getting better results, use a concentrated formula because it provides more killing power from a relatively small amount of the substance. It is very convenient and cost-effective.
Keep it safe
- Ensure you keep safety in mind when treating pests with insecticides or other pest control products. Keep poisons, baits and dangerous chemicals away from the reach of children or pets. Do not use pesticides near food, people or pets. Always be careful with the products you choose to use.
Keep your home and yard clean
- Regularly clean your gutters to prevent mosquitoes breeding or potential termite activity in the subterranean. Inspect your home thoroughly for termite infestation. Remove any wood to ground contact around the home, store firewood at least 20 meters from the home, and drain water away from the foundation to deter termites.
If you ever feel that controlling the pests in your home get to be something that you can’t handle, contact a local pest control company and have them come out to your home and evaluate the situation. A Pest Control Company can also can provide you with pest control tips that can help maintain a bug free home for you and your family. Calvin Couch, Owner of Trademark Pest Control in Buford, Ga says “If you decide to hire a pest control company, make sure you find a company that is bonded, insured and has experience”. Couch also says, “Do your research and take a little time because your home shouldn’t be trusted with just anyone”.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.