Bethany Property Managers Remind Owners and Tenants to Prepare Your Property for Fall
As the cooler weather approaches, it’s time to perform some property maintenance to ensure your investment property is as prepared for the change in weather as you are. Your Bethany property management team has a few tips to help you through this seasonal maintenance.
Seasonal Maintenance Tips from the Leading Bethany Property Management Company
With summer winding down quickly and the cooler weather approaching, we recommend some basic services to protect the home and prepare it for colder winter air:
- Avoid expensive repairs by servicing your heating and air conditioning systems. Clean or replace filters, remove build up on fans, cover the outside A/C unit, bleed air from radiators, and check the basement humidity levels.
- Step outside for a breath of fresh air … and enjoy the fall landscaping. Fertilization, pruning, and any other lawn care services (such as sprinkler line maintenance) should be completed to keep up the curb appeal of your home.
- Clear rain gutters of any debris from leaves and needles, etc.
- Got a fireplace? Time for a chimney sweep! Get it in clean working order so tenants can be comfortable and your property safe all season long.
Bethany Property Managers Are Not Alone in Maintenance Responsibilities
As a property manager, you do have obligations to keep the property well-maintained, your tenants do as well. Here are a few seasonal items they are responsible for:
- Take care of any safety hazards. Any items that pose a accident such as bulky carpets or loose hand railings should be fixed.
- Check electrical sockets in use to ensure they are not warm to the touch.
- Inspect fire extinguishers to confirm they are properly charged.
- Check any alarms throughout the home and install fresh batteries.
- Review household safety and emergency plans, locate gas and water shut off valves.
- Clean/replace filters and vents as needed and vacuum under all appliances.
- Change furnace filters on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all doors and windows shut tightly.
- Clean all drains and traps to ensure proper drainage.
- Tidy up outside by storing hoses and similar items.
As a Bethany property management company, we work with tenants to get your investment property ready for any season. It is a priority to help you keep your home and tenants protected by performing seasonal maintenance duties. If you are not up to performing maintenance on your own, contact the leading Bethany property managers to assist you! Call Real Property Management Enterprises today, we are waiting to help you out! (405) 463-2147
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.