What to know about Home Inspections
Your Oklahoma City home purchase is one of the biggest investments of your life! It is important to be informed and know what you are about to purchase. The best way to ensure this is through a home inspection.
Your Oklahoma City home inspection should include:
- Outside of the Home – inspections should include the drainage, retaining walls, garage, driveways, porches and the roof. Also check plants or growing vines that could damage the home’s condition.
- Inside of the Home – inside inspections should consists of doors, floors, ceilings, walls, electrical, HVAC system, foundation, plumping system and ventilation.
Tips from Property Management Oklahoma City:
- Seek a Home inspection professional
- Always attend the home inspection to see for yourself. If the home inspector tells you not to attend, find another home inspector.
- If items are blocking the areas of inspection, have the owner move those items, such as boxes or pets.
- Make sure to check out the appliances if those are not included in the home inspection. Know the brand and the model numbers.
- Bring a notebook and pen to write down any questions and or concerns.
When planning your Oklahoma City home inspection, plan it out so that you are protected. Call Real Property Management Oklahoma City today to find out more about protecting your property.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.