As we begin the month of February and then soon into Spring we need to begin thinking about what we can do now to prepare. Winter Gardening isn’t the ideal weather for outside gardening but there is still alot that we can do to prepare for the Spring.
- If you need to start thinking of a new garden design or flower bed design, now is the time. Draw your garden or plans down and visualize so that you can make those plans moving forward.
- What flowers/herbs or veggies are you going to plant this year? Start researching what will grow where and when and what you need to do to prepare your soil – thus calling this Winter Gardening.
- Are you a bird lover? If so, go ahead and start feeding our little feathered friends. Throw out some seed on those chilly days.
- Start some new projects in your mind and plan those out. Do you want to start a compost pile, recycling area or maybe a irrigation or sprinkler system? You can always search online (there is so much information out there) or visit one of your local Home Depot stores for advice.
- Are all of your tools for the trade ready? Check your gardening tools and clean them up! Rinse off the dirt, oil them down and sharpen them to prepare for your late winter gardening or spring gardening.
- Do a good soil check and see if there are any little pests that have taken up a new home in your garden. If so, now is the time to get them out of there!!
Winter gardening and Spring Gardening preparation gives us something to do in the late winter months to get excited about Spring. Round up the kids and get outside and start making your plans for the Spring!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.